Event Calendar

Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Learning

The last few weeks I have been fortunate enough to attend several events that have focused on Technology in Education.  

TCEA area 10/11 hosted an amazing conference last weekend at Creekview High School in CFBISD.  If you want to find out more information, check out their website: http://www.tcea1011.com/ or search the event on Twitter: #tceaEmerge.  I was able to connect with master teachers such as Suzanne Hart from Miller, Anthony Mason of PHSh, and Andrea Jaramillo; reconnect with colleagues, Karin Withers, & even say "hi" to good friends like Herb Emerson at M&A Technology.  Of course, our top-notch techgals, Leah Pendleton, Clara Alaniz, and Nancy Watson were there to present and collaborate.  As an added bonus, I WON A DOOR PRIZE!!!!  What an unexpected surprise!  in the next few weeks, I will be carefully contemplating on what gadget will I squander my gift card!

I can't wait to process through all the awesome learning I did.  For starters, the panoramic above is my first attempt at using a new app called 360 Sphere.  The sphere shows a veiew of the Math Learning Lab.  Special guest appearances made by Mr. Mike Svatek to enhance(?) the experience. 


EdCampDallas was a free "unconference" held at Wylie East High School in WISD.  Check out their website at http://edcampdallas.wikispaces.com/ or search twitter for #EdCmpDallas.  It was great to see the amazing technology tools available for teachers and students and to awesome teachers who are willing to share their knowledge!! 

I'm quite excited to put my new knowledge to work at Christie and implement some of the wonderful ideas.  As the Keynote, Dr. Chad Stevens reminds us, "What is the the best device for interactive learning?"  The Teacher in the classroom, of course!!

Oh, and by the way, if you would like to follow me on twitter, search @lillyjensby.  Until next time, stay curious, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment